Zabbix is an open-source monitoring tool designed for real-time monitoring of servers, network devices, and cloud infrastructure. Zabbix uses an agent installed on remote hosts to collect the system metrics. Zabbix sends you real-time alert notification via SMS, E-mail, alert scripts, or webhook. In this tutorial, you will learn How to add remote linux host to Zabbix Server 5.0.
- Zabbix Server
- Remote Linux Host with Zabbix Agent Installed in it.
- Better speed Internet Connection
Adding Remote Linux Host to Zabbix Server
Login to Zabbix Web console using the admin account. Then follow the below steps,
- Click on Configuration Menu.
- Click on Hosts submenu below.
- Click on Create Host button at top right side.
Fill the details for the following parameters.
- Hostname : Hostname of the remote linux host.
- Visible Name (Optional) : Name of the remote host.
- Groups : Select host groups of the host. (Linux Servers)
- Interface : Enter IP Address or DNS Name of the remote host (IP Address is recommended)
- Description (Optional) : You can provide description of the remote host.
Don’t click on ADD Button now, we need to attach template before.
Zabbix contains predefined templates which can be applied to multiple hosts. A template is a set of entities that reduces your manual effort in configuring application, triggers, graphs, , etc. for each remote host.
Here, you can see templates after clicking on select button. We added a template OS Linux by Zabbix Agent. Now you can click on ADD button. Now newly added remote linux host can be seen in hosts submenu.
You can see the details of newly added remote host in Zabbix Server Web console Dashboard.
You can go through multiple options in Monitoring Menu.
Hence, in this tutorial you learned how to add remote linux host in zabbix monitoring server 5.0. I hope you get better idea now. Thanks!!